We often hear from our fans that they love to eat our croutons as snacks. We have thought about creating a snack mix using our croutons, but it isn’t quite ready yet. In the meantime, we’ve created a great recipe for you to make at home that we don’t think you’ll be able to resist! This is great for entertaining, the kid’s lunches, or just for munching on around the house!
- 2 boxes of croutons. (I used Butter and Garlic, and Multigrain, but your favorites will works just as well!)
- Add 3 handfuls of pita chips, broken up slightly if they are large.
- Add 3 cups of pretzels of your choice.
- 2 cups of something fun, such as sesame or rice sticks (Our local co-op has a great selection of these types of things.)
- 2 cups of nuts, your choice. (I used sprouted almonds and cashew pieces — yum!)
- Put everything, except the croutons, into a large roasting pan.
- Place roasting pan on stove top with low heat and add a 1/2 cup of butter or olive oil. Heat until melted then turn off heat.
- 1/2 cup of melted butter or olive oil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt if you use olive oil.
- 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic.
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic.
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of dried mustard.
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- Mix all ingredients well and distribute evenly over snack mix.
- Stir until evenly coated, add croutons, stir again.
- Bake the snack mix in a 250 degree oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool, then eat and enjoy!
This snack mix is so good, and the best part is you can add basically anything to make it your own!
We’d love to hear your comments!